FORO

Reglas del Foro

Formato del titulo:
Artista - Titulo (Sello)

Si quieres promocionar una referencia de tu sello o una referencia tuya éste no es el foro donde abrir un hilo al respecto. Deberás hacerlo en Producciones propias. Si no lo haces, tu mensaje será movido o borrado.

Responder al tema  [ 2 mensajes ] 
 Kassem Mosse - Aqueous Haze (The World Dissappeared Into An) 
Autor Mensaje

Kassem Mosse - Aqueous Haze (The World Dissappeared Into An)
:arrow: Kassem Mosse - Aqueous Haze (The World Dissappeared Into An) [Mikrodisko 5]

Imagen

:arrow: X. No Peace/No Love/No Unity (Instrumental Edit)
:arrow: Y. 578

Mikrodisko escribió:
Following up from his widely acclaimed EP for Workshop and his first solo-EP on MIKRODISKO, two new tracks emerge from the abyss that is KASSEM MOSSE's studio, striking fear and awe in the hearts of mastering engineers.
Aqueous Haze, his new EP for MIKRODISKO, starts with "No Peace No Love No Unity", an 808 driven stomp through landscapes of derelict synths buried in vintage and broken device chains. The track finishes off with a brief reminder of the past. The sixties? The seventies? They never sounded anything like this.
"578" on the flip is out on a roll, straight ahead, not turning back, pushing towards a better tomorrow. The utopia that time forgot. We call it Techno. When was this cut produced?

Will Lynch escribió:
Since he began making music in 2003, Kassem Mosse has kept a pretty low profile. He has only a handful of releases, most of which were released on the tiny (but badass) label Mikrodisko Recordings. Nonetheless, he’s garnered some significant attention: the A-side from his Workshop release appeared on Ellen Allien’s Boogy Bytes Vol. 4, as well as Ryan Elliott’s blog hit “The R Factor.” On “Aqueous Haze (The World Dissappeared Into An),” his first release of 2008, Kassem Mosse wrings chilly emotion from analogue drum machines and synthesizers, just as he’s done in his productions and performances all along. His sound is vivid and unique, and it takes shape more splendidly on this release than ever before.

“No Peace/No Love/No Unity” has a bleak vibe fitting of its dour title. With its slow groove and soulless percussive sounds, it takes the listener on a night drive through a dilapidated urban landscape. As the track progresses, tortured half melodies drift into focus, eventually forming a deep, belching synth line that makes it all sound very Sähkö. “578″ is colored in the same gravelly hues, but is otherwise much more indulgent than the A-side. Its bass kicks fall with a dusty thud, complimenting mechanical buzzes and metallic scrapes to set the stage with industrial imagery right off the bat. The next five minutes are dominated by an evocative, foggy melody that makes this the choice track of the EP. Its sound offers something refreshingly out of place in today’s techno milieu, and would make for an exhilarating climax in a set of atonal Berghain bangers. Sadly enough, I’ve never been to a seedy warehouse party, but this is exactly the kind of music you would hear in one in my daydreams. “No Peace/No Love/No Unity” reflects more studio mastery, but the emotion of “578″ is impossible to deny. Kassem Mosse has been a well kept secret until now, but if other techno nerds feel the way I do, “Aqueous Haze” could earn him the widespread recognition he’s due

Discazo mas que aprovechable por ambas caras. Tras 2 magníficos EPs en Mikrodisko y otro más en Workshop que le dio el espaldarazo definitivo Kassem Mosse nos presenta de nuevo en Mikrodisko dos temazos de techno atemporal. Personalmente me quedo con 578, el corte más melódico que se encuentra en la cara b del disco, pero es que ambos temas rayan a gran altura.

Aquí teneis el PDF con la info de este disco que han colgado en la propia página del sello:

:arrow: Info PDF del disco

Imagen

:arrow: Mikrodisko
:arrow: Kassem Mosse Myspace

:smt020

04 Dic 2008, 23:54

Re: Kassem Mosse - Aqueous Haze (The World Dissappeared Into An)
Me quedo con el tema de la cara Y, aunque hay que reconocerle que la sombra de cierto músico de Detroit es alargada.

Si cierras los ojos y aceleras el pitch....... ves a Mills.

05 Dic 2008, 17:08
Responder al tema   [ 2 mensajes ] 

Hilos relacionados
 Temas   Autor   Respuestas   Vistas   Último mensaje 
ANDRES SOLANO - OVER HAZE [QUIMIKA RECORDS]

federico_giust

11 Nov 2008, 20:05

federico_giust

DARK HORSE - CITY HAZE EP - SURUBA DIGITAL 005

suruba

05 Mar 2008, 18:36

suruba